The Benefits Account Manager is responsible for assisting Benefits clients and the Benefits Group Account Executives, and will perform essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency. The Benefits Account Manager will report to the Benefits Department Manager.
This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job, and the physical requirements normal to the position. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions. Successful completion of a 90-day probationary period is required. Performance Evaluations are conducted annually thereafter.
Wage/Salary commensurate with knowledge and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Client Management:
- Manage employee benefits administration, assisting current and new clients with benefits questions, claims, and billing issues to a successful resolution. Escalate issues to the appropriate level if necessary.
- Manage and coordinate the pre-renewal and renewal process. Assess and determine client needs for opportunities to increase sales of agency services.
- Organize and participate as needed with client presentations, to include employee enrollment meetings.
- Lead the process for plan enrollment including employee communication, case submission and plan implementation and follow up to a successful conclusion.
- Serve as resource to clients for current market conditions and ongoing benefit regulation changes.
- Serve as a resource on current markets, industry information, and underwriting.
- Work closely with Account Executives on ongoing issues.
- Maintain documentation and system updates necessary for ongoing record keeping and client management.
- Maintain a Texas Life and Health Insurance license and participate in seminars and other training to maintain required license for knowledge and skill development.
- Perform other duties as requested with regard to operation of an independent insurance agency.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
- Minimum of three (3) years employee benefits experience required to include group medical, dental, life and other ancillary products. Should posses a clear understanding of employee benefit plans, regulations and administration, as well as HR administration and Health Care Reform.
- Should have advanced skill levels with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. This includes the ability to develop an Excel spreadsheet and utilize it in performing the job. The ability and desire to develop these skills is a must.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking professional environment.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.