Navigating the Bermuda Triangle
The Bermuda Triangle that is ADA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation just got a bit more complex to navigate. In this session, you will learn how to handle the new overlap issues that exist for employees that are protected by two or more of these leave laws. You’ll discover answers to such questions as:
• How do each of the three laws overlap and determine which law applies in a given situation?
• Is every job-related injury now covered by the new ADA?
• In light of the new changes, when does one leave law take precedence over the other?
• How do the ADAAA and the new FMLA regulations impact managing return to work issues, including light duty activities?
• How do employers avoid a “regarded as” claim when managing an employee on FMLA leave?
• How do employers make the right termination decisions based on abuse of FMLA, ADA, and workers’ comp laws?
Attendees enjoy complimentary hot breakfast buffet and parking. If you are interested in attending, contact Jim Greaves, Catto & Catto Director of Risk Management Services.