Springtime allergies are an annual nuisance for many people. Mold growth increases due to rain and many plants begin releasing pollen. Likewise, spring-cleaning activities can stir up dust mites. To reduce your allergies, be sure to take the following steps:
- Wash your bedding every week in hot water to help keep pollen under control.
- Wash your hair before going to bed, since pollen can accumulate in your hair.
- Wear an inexpensive painter’s mask and gloves when cleaning, vacuuming or painting to limit dust and chemical inhalation and skin exposure.
- Vacuum twice a week.
- Limit the number of throw rugs in your home to reduce dust and mold.
- Make sure the rugs you have are washable.
- Change air conditioning and heating air filters often.