Keeping your eyes healthy is a very important task. Fortunately, it’s also an easy thing to do. Here are five simple ways you can keep your eyes healthy:
- Get a regular exam. Complete eye exams consist of a series of tests designed to evaluate your vision and check for eye diseases.
- Wear protective eyewear. When you’re playing sports or doing a task that requires eyewear to be worn, heed the advice and wear glasses or goggles to prevent injury to your eyes.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can contribute to a host of irreversible eye diseases, so quit or refrain from smoking to protect your eyes.
- Put your shades on. Wearing sunglasses protects your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Don’t forget to put them on when you’re outside!
- Give your eyes a break. Staring at a computer screen for too long can cause a painful strain on your eyes. Whenever possible, try giving yourself a short break from looking at the screen.