Study: 40 Out of 120 TX Workers’ Comp Insurers Are "High Performers"
Forty workers’ compensation insurance carriers out of 120 assessed in Texas scored high enough to be placed in the “high performer” tier in a study recently released by state workers’ comp regulators.
The Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) in its 2020 Insurance Carrier Performance Based Oversight (PBO) assessment looked at the performance of 120 insurance carriers in five measures:
- Paying initial temporary income benefits
- Processing initial medical bills
- Processing requests for reconsideration of medical bills
- Submitting initial payment data by electronic data interchange (EDI)
- Submitting medical bill processing data by EDI
DWC reviewed 120 insurance carriers with the following results:
- 40 had scores placing them in the high performer tier
- 76 were in the average performer tier
- four had a score placing them in the poor performer tier.
Visit https://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/pbo/pboresults.html for the complete list.
Photo by Scott Blake on Unsplash