How do I file a claim?

a. It’s simple! You can file your claim online or directly with the insurance carrier. To do so, click on the “Contact Your Carrier” button on the right side of your screen to view the list of insurance companies. Click on your carrier’s website or call them directly. If you need assistance or have any questions, you can call our office. The number is at the top of the screen.

b. Have your Policy Number handy if possible.

c. Be ready to explain the details of the loss.

d. If you have a camera or camera enabled cell phone, take some quick photos. When you are asked to describe the incident, this will be helpful.

What happens after I file a claim?

a. The insurance carrier will open a claim file and assign you a claim number for tracking purposes.

b. An adjuster will be assigned to contact you about your claims within 48 hours. They will be able to answer any specific questions you have at that time.

c. Depending on the type of claim and your needs, you may need to arrange for emergency repairs to be made to prevent further damage. Click on the “Mitigate Your Damage” button on the right side of your screen to view a list of restoration, glass repair, and rental car companies.

What information should I provide to my adjuster?

a. Any photos or videos you have taken of damage to your property or possessions.

b. Receipts for any emergency work done.

c. If your property cannot be used, receipts for expenses incurred such as food, lodging, etc.

d. Any applicable police reports

How long does it take to talk to an adjuster?

Depending on the claim, it could take as long as 48 hours to be assigned. The more details you offer up front, the easier it will be for the adjuster to quickly and accurately assess the amount of damages. Claims that are more complicated, such as disputes over who is liable, will take longer to process.

When can I expect an adjuster to inspect my damage after I report my claim?

a. If warranted, the adjuster should be out to inspect your property within 72 hours. Be aware that if your claim is related to a catastrophic event and especially if it is in an area with restricted access, this timeline may be extended.

b. Certain types of claims do not require direct inspection and will be handled by other methods. If this is the case, they will let you know during the initial contact discussion.

Should I contact FEMA?

If you have a flood policy, flood damage, or have flood related questions, we encourage you to contact FEMA at 800-621-3362.

I've been hearing about Texas House Bill 1774. What should I know about it?

There have been social media posts about your rights and obligations when it comes to reporting a claim as a result of House Bill (HB) 1774 that should be clarified:
a. The normal claims process has not changed.
b. Texas has the strongest consumer protections in the nation against insurers that unfairly deny or delay claims. You will continue to have a full-range of remedies in the event an insurance company acts fraudulently or in bad faith.
c. Lawsuit-abuse legislation (HB 1774) applies to lawsuits filed after September 1, 2017.
d. The Texas Department of Insurance will, as always, in catastrophic events, be monitoring the activities of insurance companies to make sure that claims are being paid properly and promptly.
e. Be aware of individuals claiming to help you get more from your insurance company.
f. Please file your claim as quickly as possible.

Does Texas House Bill 1774 apply to a TWIA, NFIP, or FEMA claim?

No. TWIA (Texas Windstorm Insurance Association), NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program), and FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) claims are not subject to this legislation.

Business Solutions

Personal Solutions

Connect With Us

Sign up for regular email with information that can help you better insure your business and family.

Call Today